Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

We understand that travel planning can raise questions, and we’re here to provide clarity. Our FAQs section is a valuable resource to address common inquiries, ensuring your travel experience is smooth and worry-free. From travel insurance to destination recommendations and booking processes, we’ve compiled answers to help you make informed decisions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to reach out – we’re always here to assist you.

When traveling within a single country by airplane, you will be required to carry some form of identification with you. For travel within the US, these forms of identification are considered valid. Note that beginning May 3, 2024, driver licenses must be REAL ID-compliant.

The name, date of birth and gender that appears on the identification card must exactly match the same such data that is listed on airline ticket(s) and booking records. The requirements in other countries will vary, so please check with your local authorities.

When you’re traveling internationally, you will need to have a passport from your home country. Some countries will not admit a traveler if their passport expires within a short time after the date of entry or anticipated exit; to be safe each traveler should ensure that his or her passport does not expire until at least more than six (6) months after their trip is complete. Some countries also require a certain number of blank pages to be available.

Each country may have different entry and exit requirements. These may include restrictions if the traveler has a criminal history. It is your responsibility to make sure you meet the requirements for each country that is part of your trip.

But don’t rely on general rules when you can get specific.US citizens can visit the State Department website for full details. You can also (whether US citizen or not) enter your information into TIMATIC and it will give you detailed information on passport requirements for the country or countries you’re visiting. (Even though the page is from, it applies the same to all airlines.)

Australia, India, and New Zealand are easy and can be obtained electronically (AustraliaIndiaNew Zealand). Russia can be very time-consuming and you might want to enlist the assistance of an independent company to help you. This isn’t an inclusive list of countries that require a visa. The same resources that provide passport validity information also provides visa requirements. Visas can sometimes even apply when connecting in a country, so make sure you check all points along your route. US citizens can visit the State Department website or we suggest using Sherpa.

For international travel where a child is traveling, but both parents are not traveling together with the child, there may be some restrictions. The US publishes its recommendations. Other countries may as well, so please check with the embassy or consulate of the country or countries you’ll be visiting to find out details. Many domestic carriers require a birth certificate for the child who is traveling with the adults.

It is the traveler’s responsibility to protect his or her purchases if so desired. Travel Insurance is strongly recommended but not required. The traveler is advised to obtain appropriate insurance coverage against the risks detailed in this document, but we aren’t experts in this field.

US federal law prohibits passengers from bringing hazardous materials on the aircraft. (1) USA federal law forbids the carriage of hazardous materials aboard aircraft in the passenger’s luggage or on the passenger’s person. A violation can result in five years’ imprisonment and penalties of $250,000 or more (49 U.S.C. 5124). Hazardous materials include explosives, compressed gases, flammable liquids and solids, oxidizers, poisons, corrosives and radio- active materials, but this list should not be considered all-inclusive. For further information, each passenger should contact the relevant airline representative(s) on his or her itinerary. Restrictions on hazardous materials are listed at and

There are many countries around the world that also have medical requirements before you’ll be allowed to enter. This is particularly true for countries that are in either tropical or underdeveloped regions. Each traveler is responsible to make certain to have obtained the proper immunizations and related required documentation before travel for each destination, and to make the necessary accommodation for security rules imposed by government authorities. To find out which countries may require vaccinations or immunizations, you’ll want to visit TIMATIC.

Once you find your requirements, it is your responsibility to see your doctor to find out how to get this done and how to have it documented properly for entry into these countries. The US State Department Website has relevant information relating to travel to specific destinations, and the US Centers for Disease Control information relating to health issues.

In most countries, airport departure taxes are included in the price of your ticket but that’s not the case for all. In some cases you may be required to pay a departure tax at the airport before leaving the country. Sometimes it has to be in cash in the local currency, other times they accept dollars, and on occasion credit cards are allowed as well. The best way to ensure you are prepared, however, is to check directly with the airport or country from which you’ll be departing.

All passengers are referred to always check the list of countries that require airlines to treat the passenger cabin with insecticides prior to the flight or while on the aircraft on the DOT’s website, as this list is updated from time to time.

Travel to certain destinations may involve greater risk than others. Travelers should take appropriate steps to remain informed on a daily basis as to current news, as well as to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements and advisories issued by the United States Government prior to booking travel to international destinations. Information on conditions in various countries and the level of risk associated with travel to particular international destinations can be found at http://www.state.govhttp://www.tsa.gov, and The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country. STEP allows you to enter information about your upcoming trip abroad so that the Department of State can better assist you in an emergency. Registration is recommended and provided by going to